The Board of Directors meet in Bowling Green, Ky on January 28th, 2019. Items on the Agenda included:
Tour of the Sloan Convention Center and Holiday Inn Conference Center
Zach and staff of the Convention Center provided the BOD with a tour of the facility and included a sample of food that will be provided at the PD/Energy Conference. The reviews from the Board of Directors were very positive and we are looking forward to the event venue.
Review over the Professional Development/Energy Conference Agenda
· The PD/Energy Conference agenda is in the final stages of finalization. Breakout Sessions include:
· The New BG-1 and BG2’s- What’s Changed- KDE
· Energy Management Programs- Understanding the Basics- Terry V Salyer
· KFICS-What you need to know- KDE
· Measuring Energy Efficiency and Sustainability- CMTA
· Forum: Facility Trends- KDE, Energy Optimizers, KEDC/KPC
· Facility Manager Forum Past/Current/Future- Kerry Whitehouse, Patrick Richardson, Kevin Mattingly
· Controls in Energy- Thermal Equipment
· Model Procurement for School Administrators- KEDC/KPC
· Building Envelope Analysis
· Future Energy Trends (Panel)
· Kentucky Center for School Safety- Jon Akers Center for School Safety/Security
· Financing Future Energy Projects- Ross Sinclair & Associates
Review and first reading of the modified Bylaws
The Bylaw committee submitted an updated copy of the Bylaws that encompassed all the changes that have occurred over the last couple of years. The modified Bylaws can be found here and is scheduled for Full Board vote on June 8th, 2020.
Review and modification of the Maintenance Technicians/Custodial Worker Conference
At the recommendation of the EDO, the Board of Directors is expanding the Custodial Conference to include Maintenance Technicians and offering 6 hours of Continuing Education for HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical Contractor and Electrician hours. Locations for the 2020 Maintenance Technician/Custodial Worker Conferences include: Paducah, Bowling Green, Nicholasville, Somerset, Florence, and Pikeville.
For more information please contact email@example.com
The next Board of Directors Meeting is set for June 8th, 2020 with location to be announced.