The EDO opened up the nomination/application form for Region 1, 3, & 5.
Members are encouraged to apply if they would like to serve on the KSPMA Board of Directors. The term is for two consecutive years and requires the following:
- Support from your Employer
- Travel to attend the Board Meetings within the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Must be a member of the KSPMA in good standing.
Full Details of the Position:
ARTICLE IX – REGIONAL DIRECTORS
Regional Directors Positions shall be elected to represent their specific regions, shall serve for two years, and may serve successive terms, if elected.
Region 9 & 10 Directors may serve consecutive terms. The Superintendent, or their designee, of Fayette and Jefferson County school districts shall appoint individuals to serve, representing the Fayette County, Region 9, and Jefferson County, Region 10, school districts. If one of these directors become inactive, the Executive Director will contact the district for a replacement.
- Communicate with membership within specified region to deliver issues, needs, concerns, improvements and ideas to support the Association.
- Attend Board meetings, special Board and committee meetings, as requested by the President or Executive Director.
- At Board meetings, special Board and committee meetings the Regional Director shall cast votes to represent the needs and views expressed of the specified region, and support the mission, vision, and growth of KSPMA.
- Encourage potential members within specified region to participate with all KSPMA programs, particularly within the region.
- Plan and coordinate training seminars within their region and notify Training Director of date and time.
- Assist in the planning process of the Annual Conference meeting, by providing breakout session suggestions.
- Maintain current list of persons involved in plant operations and maintenance throughout their region, both members & potential members, to include post-secondary education facilities.
- Contact all individuals (either members or non-members) at least twice per year (either by phone, email or letter) to inform of regional meetings, KSPMA objectives and concerns, and upcoming Annual Conference Meeting to garner both repeat membership and new membership.
- Be knowledgeable of KSPMA bylaws and objectives of the KSPMA.
- Provide a list of vendors and business contacts (names, addresses and phone numbers) that do business in director’s school district and region to the Executive Director, as potential vendor members.
- Utilize the funds made available to have “meet & greet” meals with members and potential members in their region.
To apply click the link: Application/Nomination Form Regional Director